No eggs? No problem. Banana makes a great alternative to eggs in a pancake and adds natural sweetness and tons of nutrition to your pancake stack.
Fluffy and light, here’s how to make some delish vegan banana pancakes without eggs.
1 ripe banana
100g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
250ml plant-based milk , e.g. soya
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp vegetable oil
½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Start by mashing up the banana with a fork and then whisk in the lemon juice, oil and cinnamon
- Add in sifted flour and baking powder, then gradually stir in the plant-based milk until the batter develops a yoghurt-like consistency
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat, adding a splash of oil or cooking spray if your pan isn’t non-stick
- Drop tablespoons of batter into the pan and give it a good swirl so the mixture spreads out to your desired consistency
- Cook until the pancake starts to bubble and go matte (usually 2 minutes), then flip and cook for another few minutes
Repeat until you have your gorgeous stack of banana pancakes
Sign up for Holland & Barrett NewsLetter
Plus get expert advice to support your health & wellness straight to your inbox when you sign up to Holland & Barrett emails.